After being officially declared the host city for Eurovision 2014, the Semi-Final Allocation Draw took place at the Copenhagen City Hall. The exact running order will be drawn in March, after all the songs have been chosen. Therefore, in today’s draw it was only decided in which semi-final each country will compete in and in which semi-final the direct finalists will vote in.
Despite there being 31 semi-final countries this year, only 28 were drawn into the semi-finals. This is because three countries had already been allocated into their semi-finals; Sweden competes in SF1, Norway and Israel in SF2.
Countries were divided into six pots, based on their usual voting patterns. Therefore the countries that usually vote for each other the most, were in the same pot.
- Pot 1: Albania, FYR Macedonia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Switzerland
- Pot 2: Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania
- Pot 3: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine
- Pot 4: Armenia, Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Netherlands
- Pot 5: Austria, Hungary, Poland, San Marino
- Pot 6: Malta, Moldova, Portugal, Romania
By DR’s request, 16 countries compete in semi-final one and 15 in semi-final two.
Semi-Final One, 6.5.2014
- San Marino
- The Netherlands
Spain, France and Denmark will vote in this semi-final
Semi-Final Two, 8.5.2014
- FYR Macedonia
Italy, Germany and UK will vote in this semi-final