Third edition of UMK has now finished and Finland has its new Eurovision representative. Eight acts competed in tonight’s final which took place in Espoo. Also last year’s UMK winner Krista Siegfrids presented her new single on the show.
Tonight’s contestants were:
- Softengine – Something better
- Hanna Sky – Hope
- MIAU – God/Drug
- Lauri Mikkola – Going down
- MadCraft – Shining bright
- Mikko Pohjola – Sängyn reunalla
- Clarissa feat. Josh – Top of the world
- Hukka ja Mama – Selja
The jury revealed its points before the televotes were added to the results. These combined, it was announced that Softengine won UMK and is heading for Copenhagen. The exact results haven’t been released.
Finland competes in the second half of the second semi-final on May 8th.