- Can-linn feat. Kasey Smith – Heartbeat (124 points)
- Eoghan Quigg – The Movie Song (102 points)
- Laura O’Neill – You Don’t Remember Me (84 points)
- Patricia Roe – Don’t Hold On (66 points)
- Andrew Mann – Be Mine (44 points)
It was also time for some drama at the liveshow tonight, as two out of the four people from the music industry that was commenting about the songs tonight, Louis Walsh and Linda Martin almost got into a little fight with mentor Billy McGuinness at one point. It became a little tense when mentor Billy almost personally attacked Louis because of his opinions about the voting system, and even more tense when Linda went up to Billy to defense Louis. The heated discussion was finally calmed by the host, Ryan Tubridy.
Two interval acts was performed tonight. One by Johnny Logan where he performed What’s Another Year, Why Me and Hold Me Now. The other interval act was by Paul Harrington and Charlie McGettigan which performed their winning song from 1994, Rock n roll Kids.