Early national finals for Malta, FYR Macedonia

Tijana 2014

Malta and FYR Macedonia seem to be next year’s Eurovision early birds as both nations are going to be picking their entries already in November!

Malta is hosting this year’s edition of Junior Eurovision and their Eurovision 2015 national final is set to take place on the very same stage as JESC. The semi-final is going to be competed on November 21st with the Malta Eurovision Song Contest final set for the next day, November 22nd.

The rules have been fixed a bit from last year with a new rule stating that the winning song can be changed after the national final to another one – the composer(s) and singer(s) however must remain the same. Songs can be sent by the end of August and the 20 semi-finalists will be presented in September. 14 of them will qualify for the national final. Both, the jury and audience will be voting during the shows. The jury will have 86% power while the audience will have the remaining 14% in the total outcome.

FYR Macedonia goes for Skopje Festival

The Macedonian broadcaster has decided to go for national final after choosing Tijana internally for Copenhagen. One of the 20 participants of Skopje Festival will get to represent the country in Eurovision 2015. The final is scheduled to take place on November 13. The submission period is open until July 31st.

Advertisements