Melodifestivalen is the popular national selection in Sweden, and once again they are back with new hosts, new cities and some changes to the format.
The hosts of this year’s selection will be Sanna Nielsen (which we all know from last year’s Eurovision) and Robin Paulsson. Robin is a well know comedian and host in Sweden.
Last week the Swedish broadcaster SVT could reveal the dates and cities for all the shows in Melodifestivalen 2015. The list looks like this:
- 07.02.15 – 1st semifinal in Gothenburg
- 14.02.15 – 2nd semifinal in Malmö
- 21.02.15 – 3rd semifinal in Östersund
- 28.02.15 – 4th semifinal in Örebro
- 07.03.15 – Second chance in Helsingborg
- 14.03.15 – Final in Stockholm
New to this year is that only 7 competitors will compete in each semifinal instead of 8, as it has used to be. The second chance will also be slightly different, as 4 competitors from this show will proceed to the big final, instead of 2. Lastly, the voting system has changed a bit, as you now will be able to only vote 20 times per entry.
Picture: Jan Danielsson/SVT