All 18 Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu participants have been officially presented in today’s press conference. Although the names leaked already last week, the songs and music videos were still unheard and unseen till today. These can be found at yle.fi/umk.
These are competing:
- Hans on the bass – Loveshine
- Vilikasper Kanth – Äänen kantamattomiin
- Norlan El Misionario – No voy a llorar por ti
- Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät – Aina mun pitää
- Pihka Ja Myrsky – Sydän ei nuku
- Satin Circus – Crossroads
- Jouni Aslak – Lions and lambs
- Eeverest – Love it all away
- Otto Ivar – Truth or dare
- Opera Skaala – Heart of light
- Shava – Ostarilla
- Siru – Mustelmat
- Aikuinen – Kyynelten Iahti
- Ida Bois – Kumbaya
- Järjestyshäiriö – Särkyneiden sydänten kulmilla
- Angelo De Nile – All for victory
- Heidi Pakarinen – Bon voyage
- Solju – Hold your colours
The exact format of the revamped Finnish pre-selection was explained by Yle. The contest consists of four shows. Three semi-finals feature 6 participants each and 3 of them qualify for the final. The final will therefore see 9 contestants. The final will take place on the 28th of February. The semi-finals take place on the 7th, 14th and 21st of February.
Journalist, tv-hostess Rakel Liekki and singer, actor Roope Salminen are the new hosts.